Sweetheart Kahlua Cake
- This cake is close to the heart for Bryce and me! The Chocolate Kahlua Cake was our wedding cake we requested Bryce's mom, Judy to bake for us.
- Bryce and I are both big lovers of all things chocolate. This has always been our most favorite cake that was made for many birthdays and celebrations by Judy. I even remember my grandma making this cake when I was a kid on the ranch.
- For our wedding, we had small bundt cupcakes made from a local bakery to match our beautiful Kahlua Bundt Cake. It was a giant tower of sweetness and I couldn't reach the top to help cut the cake. So, Bryce threw me onto his shoulders and away we went to cut our special cake.
Judy gave me the recipe so I could make this cake on special occasions. This cake is super easy to make, very rich and HEAVY on the chocolate! Also- I am in love with this bundt cake pan from Amazon!
- 1 box of devils food dark chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 package 1.5 oz instant vanilla or chocolate pudding
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup oil (I like using coconut oil)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup Kahlua
- Powdered sugar for dusting the finished cake
- Preheat your oven to 325º and spray the bundt cake pan with oil and dust with flour.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, pudding, oil, sour cream and Kahlua until smooth.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir in.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan and bake for 55-65 mins. Stick a toothpick in the cake to ensure in has finished baking.
- Let the cake cool completely (about 45 mins) before flipping it onto a cake dish.
- Dust the cake with powdered sugar to decorate.
- Enjoy with your loved ones!
The beautiful food photography photos done by Teri Surratt. Please view her work at https://terijsurrattphotography.com/